The Role of Art in Social Justice
Click the image to listen to Renée's talk at The International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City. June 2014
Teaching Resources for Educators
On Teaching "Black Lives Matter"
On Building Community in the Classroom
On Arts Education
Lesson Plans & Educator/Author Interviews
Visit Renée's Blog Art is For Action for a variety of lesson plans, resources, and interviews from practitioners of many art forms and grade levels.
Here are featured lesson plans from the blog:
Visual Art Lessons:
- 1963: Students Explore the Iconic Year through Art
- Self Portraits: Turning Poetic Lines into Visual Poetry
- My America: writing poems about our culture & identity [lesson one]
- My America: writing poems about culture & identity [lesson two]
- Social Justice in Early Ed Classrooms
- A Conversation with Linda Christensen and Bill Bigelow, Rethinking Schools Editors